2012 will go down as one of the most memorable years of our lives for many reasons. There was certainly too much violence with shootings in Aurora and Newtown that left scores dead. Our city also suffered through the most destructive wildfire in our history with over 300 homes lost during the summer. Then there were months of political arguing during a contentious election season.
Yes, there was plenty of bad and even horrific news, but I am also grateful for so many amazing things that happened, too.
1. Pam, Abram and Callie are healthy and we love each other.
2. We planted a thriving church in Fort Collins, CO. with our friend Aaron Stern.
3. Our church paid off over $3million of debt.
4. I met Eugene Peterson and I think he liked me.
5. The Mayans were wrong.
6. We leased our first apartment complex to house homeless single moms and their families.
7. Our downtown campus opened at Easter and is doing well under the leadership of Glenn Packiam.
8. Participated and partnered with ministries around the world that saw over 3 million people accept Christ.
9. I survived Disney.
10. We opened our first Dream Center in Swaziland.
11. I released a book called Sons and Daughters
12. We gave away over $300,000 of relief supplies to Waldo Fire victims.
13 We started a Sunday night service led by David Perkins where hundreds gather for worship and prayer.
14. Students from around the world are studying in our School of Worship, the Kings University and our Desperation Leadership Academy.
15. Miracles are happening every week in the lives of women who receive treatment at our free medical clinic.
This list could go on, for sure. I am so thankful that even in the midst of bad news, good news was breaking in all around us. God was with us. This I know.
What are you most thankful for in 2012?
December 25, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Emmanuel, family, church family. That the Holy Spirit’s deposit is still on and in this fallen world. Amen!
December 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm