As one calendar year comes to a close and a new year is approaching, we pause to reflect on how faithful God has been and to anticipate that same faithfulness moving into the new year. In a recent meeting with our NLC Elders, we spent time thanking God for all that he did in 2016 and praying for clear direction for New Life Church in 2017. Because of God’s goodness and your faithful tithes and generous offerings, we are able to celebrate these extraordinary accomplishments in 2016:
- We baptized nearly 400 people.
- We doubled the number of single moms and their children at Mary’s Home.
- We have served over 4,000 women and nearly doubled our appointment hours at the Women’s Clinic.
- We launched a New Life congregation in Manitou Springs, led by Pastor Joe Kirkendall.
- We began the process of merging with Nueva Vida, the largest Spanish speaking church in Colorado Springs, led by Pastor Jeremias Tamarez. We now have five congregations meeting across our city.
- We partnered in planting Radiant Church in Kansas City, MO, with Pastor David Perkins. We have now partnered in planting five churches across the United States.
- We were able to give a substantial gift to the Springs Rescue Mission to help them open a state-of-the-art homeless facility in Colorado Springs.
- We gave financial assistance to numerous New Life families in crisis.
- We supported and partnered with 28 Missionaries and 56 Missions/Ministry Organizations.
- We sent nearly 200 volunteers on 17 missions trips to 13 countries.
- We renovated our 25-year-old bathrooms.
- Our New Life Friday Night Congregation raised the funds necessary to update our 1500-seat Theater.
While we celebrate these extraordinary accomplishments–and they are extraordinary–we also recognize that God is very aware of the ordinary things that happen day in and day out in our church and in our city because people like you love so well. God sees every time you welcome someone in the parking lot, pray for someone at the altar, disciple one of the children in KIDs Ministry, prepare meals for a grieving family, visit someone in the hospital, share a meal with a neighbor…he sees it all. Jesus said, Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me. (Matthew 25:40)
So much has been accomplished, and so much remains to be done. As this year comes to a close, if you would like to consider a special year-end gift, you may drop it in the offering prior to December 31st or give online here.
There are so many in our city that need to hear the message of hope that we share from Isaiah 9:6, For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Please invite someone, maybe the overlooked or ignored, to come and sit with you during one of our Christmas services. We will have four identical Christmas Services at our North Campus only at 2:00PM, 4:00PM, and 6:00PM on Christmas Eve and at 11:00AM on Christmas Day.
Pam and I and the staff of New Life Church are praying for you and those you love to you to be filled with great joy during this beautiful Christmas season.
December 15, 2016 at 4:04 am
It has been quite a year ! Merry Christmas New Life .
December 15, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Love hearing about this sort of stuff! Praying we can do even more in 2017!
December 26, 2016 at 9:52 pm
Thank you New Life Church for investing in Radiant Church! Renata and I are forever grateful for our deep friendships at NLC after spending over 15 years together! Whew! Thank you PB!
January 2, 2017 at 2:13 am
We are proud of you!