“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
As we begin 2015, we are focusing our attention at New Life to pray boldly for our city, our state, our nation and our world during Pray 168. Here are some of things I am praying for in the coming year.
1. For more helpful conversations that lead to better relationships and racial restoration in our country. (Psalm 133)
2. For moms and their kids to find hope and healing at Mary’s Home, scheduled for grand opening in early 2015. (James 1:27)
3. For the mountain to keep moving at New Life so more resources can be released for ministry in our city and world.
4. For the safety of our military as they serve in the most dangerous places on earth.
5. For more families to say yes to adoption of kids from our state foster system.
6. For more people to support those who have said yes to adoption.
7. For discernment, wisdom and protection for those who serve as our police and first responders.
8. For the peace of Jerusalem and the entire Middle East. (Psalm 122:6)
9. For the persecuted church around the world. (Matthew 5:44)
10 For new believers to receive the Holy Spirit and be strengthened. (Acts 8:15)
11. For all believers around the world to fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. (Ephesians 6:19)
12. For those who are suffering to be healed. (James 5:15)
13. For the continued blessing on our Women’s Clinic as we serve the most vulnerable in our city with hopeful healthcare.
14. For the faithful and courageous church planters around the globe.
15. For the Lombardi Trophy to return to Denver after a Bronco’s Super Bowl win. (Ok, this is not quite as serious as the others, but still …)