As a former high school teacher, I love to give pop quizzes. From time to time, I give one to our staff to test them on how much they know about the church where they work. The results are always very surprising and reminds us that we have to communicate clearly and constantly, especially since we are a part of a large and growing church family.
Take the quiz below and see how many you can answer without looking at your computer for help. And no peeking at your neighbor’s quiz, either. I am watching!
1. What is the title song for the new Desperation Band album?
Answer: Center of it All
2. What are the Sunday morning service times at our Downtown campus?
Answer: 9am and 11am
3. How many years have we had the Desperation Conferences?
Answer: 10 years
4. Who leads our children’s worship choir?
Answer: Amanda Ferrin
5. In the recent Legends and Misfits sermon series, which one of these three WAS NOT discussed?
a. Daniel – Answer
6. As part of our mission statement, what three words do we use to communicate our goals for each New Lifer?
Answer: Worship, Connect, Serve
7. Freely Give and Freely Receive is this weekend. What local inner city ministry are we partnering with for this ministry event?
Answer: Springs Rescue Mission
8. Pastor Brian Newberg’s daughter, Tami, just married a man from what country?
9. We opened our first Dream Center last July. What is its ministry function? What happens there?
Answer: It is a medical clinic for women
10. Approximately, how much debt have we paid off to date through Move the Mountain?
Answer: $1.3 million
Name the three US cities where we have planted churches in the past four years?
Denver, Austin, Tx, and Fort Collins